Makes about 40 cookies
🍪 Cookie Dough:
½ cup unsalted butter (Room temperature)
¾ cup sugar
1 large egg
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Vegetable oil/Cooking spray for greasing
4 cups confectioners/icing sugar (Add more if needed)
¼ cup unsalted butter melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ cup heavy (double) cream or milk (Add more if needed)
Food coloring (Optional)
1. Using an electric mixture, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add the egg and vanilla, and beat until incorporated.
2. In another bowl, combine all dry ingredients including; flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Combine both mixtures together, and knead until it forms a dough. Wrap the dough into plastic sheets and refrigerate until firm (about 1 hour).
4. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Roll out dough on floured work surface until dough is 1/8 of an inch thick.
5. Using a cookie cutter, cut out as many shapes as you can, place them on the lightly greased cookie sheet (spacing them about ½ inch apart) and bake until golden-brown edges.
6. Glaze them with the icing, and set aside till icing dries.