1 cup flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup water
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Cinnamon Sugar Mix:
4 cups sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon
1. In a bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients; flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. In a pan, add water and oil, and bring it to a boil. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients immediately after taking it off the stove. Caution: It’s HOT.
3. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer until it forms a dough. When the mixture has cooled down, crack in the egg. Meanwhile, heat oil into a saucepan for frying purposes.
4. Scoop the dough into a pipping bag (star tip) and drop them off in the oil.
5. Fry the churros for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Toss the churros into the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.